In order to provide students, researchers and teachers with unlimited access to the best tools for off-line NMR processing, Bruker is making their market leading NMR processing software TopSpin available free of charge for all academic users. In addition to Bruker NMR data, the software is able to process data acquired on Agilent, Varian and Jeol systems, as well as read any data provided in JCAMP format. We are happy to offer you a free Academia license for TopSpin 4 and TopSpin 3.6 ("Academia license").
Notre Dame Topspin instructions
Please do the following to install the latest version of Topspin.
- Visit https://www.bruker.com/about-us/register.html to create an account with Bruker.
- Download Topspin 3.6.1 either from our on campus server here, or directly from Bruker here.
- Topspin 4 is available, but it looks completely different than Topspin 3.6 or anything installed on the spectrometers. You can install both versions if you wish, they will use the same license file.
- Request a Free Academia license ticket here. Copy this ticket code somewhere safe.
- Install the new version of Topspin like normal.
- Open Topspin, it will complain there is no license file. After a short timeout period of about 2 minutes it should open a window where you will be able to click "Install License Ticket". Paste your License Ticket when prompted.
- It will open a web browser displaying available licenses, click the button that says "Activate Licenses"
- Select how you want to save your license, either on this Workstation only or to a USB dongle. I recommend saving it to the workstation. I have not tried the USB dongle option.
- Again select your license and push the button labeled "Activate Selected Licenses Now"
- Happy NMR'ing!